Monday 16 February 2015

How the heck is this possible?

Cognitive engagement? Higher order thinking? Metacognition?

Any ideas on how do achieve that with 5 and 6 year olds?

Well, I need to start somewhere, and right now that is at the bottom. I have enthusiasm, a few years of teaching experience, lots of travel experience, a passion for teaching kids to be inquisitive about the wider world and a class of Year 2 students who need to be accelerating their learning in order to be successful citizens.

My inquiry topic for this year is to look at how I can attain high cognitive engagement by using Explain Everything (and possibly other resources/apps) to accelerate the progress of my students.

No mean feat. But I'll give it a very good go. 


4 comments:

  1. Love the graphic Laura. Exciting times indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing what you achieve with our tamariki! Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the basis of what you have achieved in the past I am excited to be conning back here for the next dose of inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You haven't looked like this yet, what is your secret? You are doing an amazing job setting up that class for learning Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really enjoyed our inquiry sessions so far and am really looking forward to working with you as we collaborate on ideas to motivate, engage and accelerate our amazing PES tamariki. Hopefully neither of us will look like your picture at the end of this journey!

    ReplyDelete